Saturday, May 5, 2012

Famous Quotes from Our Adoption Experience

- "I am putting my foot down on the 'poop'" (referring to J's remarkable frequency of doing #2)

- "Can you 'Febreze' a child?"

- "What does *insert Filipino pronunciation of words* mean?"

- "What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...(repeat)"

- "I don't know why I said that, he can't hear me" (no disrespect to the deaf/HOH community, but you have no idea how many times Jo Anna and I caught ourselves talking to 'Lukas' (as we discovered he is known to all) despite his not even looking at us

- "We need to post a prayer request NOW for the plane ride home. I seriously cannot take 20 visits to those bathrooms. "

- "I feel like I (Scott) already need therapy"

- (last but not least, after our harrowing experience at the Ninoy Aquino Int'l Airport last evening) "How many inspections does it take to see there is no bomb in my shoes? Next time they will have to simply reach around to their rear to pull my sandal out..."

We hope to post more soon. Right now I/we need to get a little rest before we finish up the travel part of our journey :-)

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment