Wednesday, April 4, 2012

God is never in a hurry.

I read that sentence this morning in my devotional. It stopped me in my tracks. I KNOW this. But in my human flesh, I resist this statement. Knowing something doesn't always equal liking something. Our adoption process that has had so many ups and downs, twists and turns; it leaves me wanting the outcome I desire in my expected time frame.

"Until Jesus Christ is truly our Lord, we each have goals of our own which we serve. Our faith is real, but it is not yet permanent. And God is never in a hurry. If we are willing to wait, we will see God pointing out that we have been interested only in His blessing, instead of in God Himself. The sense of God's blessings is fundamental.
"...be of good cheer, I have overcome the world" (John 16:33) Unyielding spiritual fortitude is what we need." Oswald Chambers

And so, we wait to hear the latest update. We hope to learn more later this morning. I need another dose of spiritual fortitude...

We ARE coming L and J. Soon, sweet babies, soon.

Jo Anna

1 comment: