Monday, September 17, 2012

A Shameful Confession

Peace. I crave it. I mean, who doesn't want a peaceful home? Shalom. Yeah, if you have more than one child, you know EXACTLY what I mean. And you also know how difficult it can be when it is missing in one's home.

It has been a hard (but good-but hard) 4 months. Lots of arguing. Lots of tantrums. Lots of misunderstandings. With the bigs. With the littles. With the parents. With the parents and children. Those of you that have brought children home from hard places know what I am talking about.


This morning I had a light bulb moment with God. Not exactly the good kind, either. It hit me like a ton of bricks--I crave peace in my home above all else. I would like to fool you and say my greatest desire is to see my kids love Jesus most. But in reality, I just want everyone to get along and respect each other. Can I get an AMEN?

I began to think on the words of Jesus:

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

Lord, help me cling to your words in the hard times.

So this got me thinking- What do you crave most in your home, for your family?



Jo Anna


No comments:

Post a Comment